Monday, October 12, 2009

Blog #7

Wow, wow, wow! Turns out Hassan and Amir were half brothers! Baba had slept with the servant who was Ali’s wife. Now Amir and I truly understand why Baba was so attentive towards Hassan. But what I don’t really understand is how is it that Ali could remain a loyal friend and servant to Baba? The only thing I can think of is maybe the history they had together. Baba was a man of great honor, tradition and respect, so this contradicts him a bit. So just as I thought Amir decided to go in search of his nephew. It’s nice because it doesn’t seem like he’s doing it to be at peace with himself but because he truly cares for this kid’s safety. Air’s guide was a man named Farid. So orphanages in Kabul deepened on the funds of the Taliban’s. I honestly don’t know more then two or three things about the Taliban’s, but I don’t know that they helped people other then themselves. Well kind of. The book explains that because they support the orphanages they feel they have the right to do whatever they want with the children. This book has quote that really strucked me, “There are a lot of children in Afghanistan, but no childhood.” This just makes appreciate my country even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment