Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Blog #5

Part three of the book I assumed could just go back to Mariam’s character, but I was wrong. Part three shifts back and fourth from Mariam and Laila. Now is when I take back everything I said in blog #3. I feel stupid for saying that! Laila wakes up to the care of her neighbors Mariam and her husband Rasheed. Laila wake up an orphan. One day a man comes looking for Laila to let her know that while Tariq was driving towards the border a rocket hit his lorry. Tariq died three weeks later. Laila later found out she was pregnant so she accepted Rasheeds offer to marry. mariam was not happy about this. Since the arrival of Laila, Rasheed mistreated Mariam worse then before. Laila gave birth to a daughter she named Aziza. She made Rasheed believe the baby was his, but in reality Aziza belonged to Tariq. Laila started planning an escape, stealing small amounts of money from Rasheed’s wallet. Mariam had become fond of Aziza and was no longer a enemy to Laila. I have a feeling that when the girls escape Mariam will join them. Never has a book touched me like this book. Reading this book has made me feel things that I just can’t explain. I giggled and laughed when Laila and Tariq first spoke of liking each other, I was shocked when they all so suddenly had sex, felt sick when he left her, and my knees weakened when I found out Tariq was dead exactly like they did when the doctors talked my family and I that my uncle was dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment