Monday, October 12, 2009

Blog #6

So sadly Hassan does not get a happy ending, even though he deserves it most then anyone in this story. I wasn’t surprised when I read that Hassan along with his wife Fazara were murdered be the Taliban. I really wished the story could have had some reunion between Amir and Hassan, but I guess I can imagine that myself. Hassan wrote Amir countless letters that he never got, but received all at once through Rahim Klan. I thought that was clever that Hassan wrote to him. Proving Amir wrong, showing him that he is more then just a servant. Showing him that some one other then him taught him how to read. Rahim Klan let Amir know that the he knew what he had done to Hassan and the only way he could truly gain respect and forgiveness is to go to back to Kabul and rescue Hassan’s son Soharab. I knew Amir would refuse to do so, but something tells me that he will change his mind.
Helmand is the most dangerous place in Afghanistan due to its distance from Kabul as well as the drug trade going on there. Other dangerous provinces in Afghanistan include Kandahar and Oruzgan. Afghanistan does have stable secure provinces with low risk of violence and lower crime levels. Faryab, Heart, Farah, Kabul, and Badaskhshan are some of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment